The brief prepared by the Steering Committee for this award cycle focused on the preservation and continuation of cultural heritage, community building and social housing, and excellence in contemporary architectural expression.
Six winners were chosen from among 213 entries. The conservation of Mostar Old Town and restoration of Al-Aqsa Mosque were examples of cultural heritage, the first theme, while the Yama Mosque and Bhong Mosque were noted for their innovation in translating traditional techniques and materials to meet contemporary requirements. The Social Security Complex and Dar Lamane Housing address the issues of community and social housing while remaining sensitive to local culture.
- Social Security Complex, Istanbul, Turkey
- Dar Lamane Housing, Casablanca, Morocco
- Conservation of Mostar Old Town, Bosnia and Herzegovina 
- Restoration of Al-Aqsa Mosque, Noble Sanctuary, Jerusalem
- Yaama Mosque, Yaama, Tahoua, Niger
- Bhong Mosque, Bhong, Rahim Yar Khan District, Pakistan